How to Find Cheap Makeup, that is Good Quality Makeup
Makeup can work wonders for any face, but not everyone is able to spend huge amounts for every moisturizer, powder compact, lipstick and other beauty products that is sold in today's market. Everyone sure wants all those expensive brands advertised on television such as; CHANEL or YSL to name a few. Though if you're a good shopper, you're bound to find cheap makeup that is quality makeup at a cheaper price, with just as good qualities.
- Look through fashion magazines for looks that you like on models' skin, eyes, and hair that is a similar color to yours. Tear out the pages and take them with you when you go shopping.
- Go to your local drugstore. Many people don't think much of drugstore makeup, but it is almost always as good as anything you'll find in a department store. Plus, it is much cheaper. In fact some of the drugstore brands are the same company that are sold in high end department stores.
- Look for foundation, concealer, and powder that match your skin tone. The foundation should be as close to your skin tone as possible. Test it by dabbing some from the sample onto your jaw. If possible, check the color outside, in natural light: drugstore fluorescent lights have caused many a makeup mistake! If you can't decide between two colors, go for the darker one. When you are looking for concealer, you can usually tell just by holding the product up to your face whether it is the right color or not. It is not quite so crucial to get a perfectly matched concealer. You should get powder made by the same company as your foundation, because you can get the same color without having to test it.
- Look for eyeshadow and blush that complement your skin tone. It is a good general rule of thumb not to get eyeshadow that is the same color as your eyes. Try plum shades for green eyes, rose for brown, and peach for blue. Warm tones (the color undertone is yellow-based) complement skin with yellow, peach, or olive tones. Cool tones (the color undertone is blue-based) complement skin with pink tones.
- You will probably only need four colors of lip gloss throughout your life. Thankfully, these colors work well for everyone and everyone should have them: beige, pink, red, and clear. Beige for a professional look, pink as a casual everyday color, red for formal occasions and clear for any time at all. A lip liner in the same or slightly darker tone as your lip gloss will give it staying power. Apply lightly with feathery strokes to the lip surface and don't draw a solid line around your lips, unless you like the clown look.
- Finally, buy simple black mascara. True blondes or redheads, who have lighter eyelashes and eyebrows, should stick with a brown or brown-black mascara. If you're going for a more "out there" look, you can also buy brightly colored kinds, such as blue or purple.
More blogging-related posts you should take a look at:
- Buy from drugstores that allow you to return cosmetics if the color or quality turns out to be wrong. Ask the salespeople first, or check company return policies online if the employees are not sure themselves. Many drugstores will allow you to exchange cosmetic products even after you have tried them.
- For good quality brands and products available at drugstores, read the products credits next to photos in fashion magazines. Often, the pros use less expensive and readily available products.
- Many products are multi-taskers: Mix a little liquid foundation with your regular moisturizer for tinted moisturizer. Clear mascara is a great brow groomer. Or to save on money and clutter, try an all-in-one: a cream-based product that can be used as blush, eyeshadow, or lip color.
- If you are unsure of your skintone, look at the veins on your wrist. If they appear more blue, use cool tones. If they look more greenish, use warm tones.
- To prolong your eyeshadow staying power use an eyeshadow base. A really good one is Urban Decay Primer Potion (UK £9.50, US $15.) Or you can use a good vitamin E cream (this also moisturizes your skin)
- If you don't feel comfortable with drugstore makeup,look online for deals on higher-end makeup,or try finding a new online exclusive brand you've never used before.
- To find good makeup colors for you skin go to a department store beauty counter and try on all the colors and makeup, then go to the drug store and buy the same colors and types of products. Drugstore makeup is the same but without the price.
- With makeup, less is always more.
- Remember, everyone is beautiful in their own way. Makeup ISN'T necessary!
Check Out These Cool Makeup Looks NOW!
Article provided by wikiHow, a wiki how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Find Inexpensive, Good Quality Makeup. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.
Return to Beauty Business Coach Training home page